TekStream AWS Lift and Shift Services
Focus On Your Business, Not Your Applications
Let TekStream Move Your Application Workloads to the AWS Cloud
Database platforms, middleware engines, and ERP and CRM systems are the backbone of your business. Moving these critical infrastructures to the cloud can help reduce infrastructure costs, free up resources, and enhance redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities. However, shifting from traditional on-premise models to the AWS cloud infrastructure can be a daunting task. Moving your existing applications as they are, or migrating them to newer and more efficient technologies, requires careful planning and expertise.
TekStream not only makes this process possible, we make it manageable, all while reducing your risks. Our cloud experts have years of experience helping companies move their critical business applications. Our teams will help you:
- Analyze Your Existing Applications and Goals – Performing a detailed analysis of what you currently have and what is available on the AWS cloud will help us create a roadmap to successfully and securely lift and shift your business to the cloud.
- Create a Lift and Shift Roadmap – We develop a detailed set of tasks and timelines to ensure that your applications and databases are moved as quickly and efficiently as possible to the AWS cloud. Our roadmap also lays out the resources that will be required for both your team and ours to ensure all tasks are completed as planned.
- Perform the Lift and Shift Processes – Moving to the cloud requires many critical steps and prerequisites that must be managed, performed, and validated.
- Migrate Data and Validate – Moving applications is one thing, but moving data and ensuring it is accurate takes time and patience. Additionally, many organizations use the lift and shift process as an opportunity to perform document and data cleansing so that they are moving only the most critical and valid information.
- Test, Retest, and Test It Again – After moving your applications to the cloud, it is critical to ensure that they are tuned and working properly before allowing users to access them. Quality assurance testing, integration testing, and data validation are all critical to the overall success of your lift and shift.
- Go-Live Support and Beyond – From an end-user perspective, most applications will work the same way in the cloud as they do on-premise, but moving to the cloud changes the back-end infrastructure. TekStream provides the support you need to ensure your transition to the cloud is successful.
The biggest challenge most organizations face when defining and implementing their cloud strategies is a lack of knowledge of how to maximize cloud technology. TekStream has the experience and expertise your team needs to best use these IT environments. Oracle workloads on AWS can include a combination of multiple approaches depending on each application’s needs. TekStream works with your stakeholders and technical owners to define the path that makes the most sense for your company. Examples of our lift and shift to AWS cloud services might include:
- Oracle applications over EC2
TekStream’s insights and knowledge of Oracle and AWS best practices will enable your organization to take full advantage of the AWS cloud elasticity model by combining AWS autoscaling groups, Oracle Dynamic Clusters, and AWS server shape resizing, matching the capacity of your Oracle systems with your variable user and processing demands.
Utilize TekStream pre-packaged AWS templates to speed up the deployment of Oracle systems, with “push-button” provisioning of enterprise-ready and highly available implementations of Fusion middleware applications based on Oracle’s Enterprise Deployment Guidelines.
- Oracle database implementations over EC2
Maximize the infrastructure benefits of the cloud while maintaining full control over your DB systems, features, and architecture. Deploy your Oracle databases just as you would on-premise, but complement them with the cost savings of cloud elasticity and the integration of additional AWS services (S3, SQS, Glacier, and others) to enhance your current processes and maximize your cost savings.
- Oracle database implementations “as-a-service”
Move your Oracle databases to the cloud while freeing up your internal resources by automating time-consuming tasks such as provisioning, patching, and backups. TekStream will help you find the appropriate sizing and architecture for each of your application’s needs.
- Retooling: Oracle to AWS services
Evaluate each of your application’s needs and reduce your licensing and vendor dependencies by migrating some or all of your Oracle RDBMS systems to new alternatives in the AWS platform, such as Aurora, Redshift, and DynamoDB.
TekStream Solutions’ certified team of expert consultants have led over 250 on-premise and cloud-based AWS and Oracle implementations. Our in-depth knowledge and experience with the Oracle and AWS tool sets, as well as our close partnerships with both companies, provide us with unique insight into the best practices and strategies to develop and implement cloud migration and transformation strategies.