Do your applications and content bottle up your business?
Organizations face increasing difficulties in effectively leveraging and managing the vast network of web applications, collaboration tools and interface points created during the past decade. The pileup of legacy systems and diverse content sources often results in reduced productivity, increased costs, and even poor customer/partner service.Oracle WebCenter Portal is the modern user experience platform for the enterprise and the web to address these challenges. It consolidates the best user experience capabilities from a significant portfolio of leading portal products and related technologies to deliver a modern user experience for the enterprise to deliver:
- Portals, websites, composite applications, and mash-ups
- Integrated social and collaboration services
- Complete enterprise content management infrastructure
- Complete, open, and integrated to co-exist with existing investments
- Finding information in a complex web of internal and external applications, including internet, intranet, and massive fileshare or “Z-drive” storage dumps
- Disparate delivery frameworks and weak use of Web 2.0 capabilities, such as blogs, collaborative wikis, content tagging, and social media
- Interface issues associated with multiple logins and human factors
- Excessive reliance on an IT department for tasks that should be easy
- Content presentation that ought to be based on who you are and what you’re doing with it
- Security red flags as employees use third-party tools like Facebook and Gmail to communicate company information
TekStream experts can help your organization find long-term, cost-effective answers to manage and deploy web applications to multiple audiences (internal, external, mobile) from a single infrastructure. We also help you find strong collaboration and social networking solutions to meet your business and customer demands.
TekStream’s consultants are well-versed in not only legacy Plumtree/ALUI, BEA WebLogic Portal and Oracle WCI 10g, but also Oracle WebCenter Portal 11g. Customers wishing to upgrade their existing Portal applications will benefit from years of successful implementations, best-practices, and a deployment methodology designed to minimize the impact to business operations while migrating functionality and content. As technology evolves, it is important to understand what functions have been replaced, updated, or sunset. TekStream provides upgrade customers with a full understanding of their options, and helps them to build a plan designed for success.
TekStream and Oracle offer broad support for Enterprise Portal technology and provide a more open solution to enterprise customers supporting a multitude of platforms. Our trusted advisor status with Oracle means we can provide clients with deep product expertise, access to product roadmap/strategy and unparalleled support. Read more about our portal development solutions: Portal Strategy, Portal Upgrade and Managed Services.